Part Number : 1746-OBP16
24V DC Signal Output(1)(2)(3)(4)
|Number of outputs||16|
|Points per common||16|
|Voltage,operating (V DC)||20.4...26.4 (source)|
|Backplane current consumption||5V DC||0.250 A|
|24V DC||0.0 A|
|Signal delay, max resistive load|
On = 0.1 ms(5)
Off = 1.0 ms
|Off-state leakage, max(6)||1 mA|
|Load current, min||1 mA |
|Continuous current per point(7)(8)||1.5 A @ 30 °C (86 °F)|
1.0 A @ 60 °C (140 °F)
|Continuous current per module||6.4 A @ 0...60°C (32...140°F)|
|On-state voltage drop, max||1.0V @ 1.0 A|
|Surge current per point(9)||4.0 A for 10 ms|
|Surge current per module(9)||32.0 A for 10 ms|
(1) Removal terminal block.
(2) Use the following ID code when configuring your system with programming software or the HHT: 1746-OB6EI = 2619, 1746-OBP8 = 2721 and 1746-OBP12 = 2921.
(3) A fused common and blown fuse LED indicator are provided on this module. See Fuse Protection and Blown Fuse Diagnostics.
(4) Certified for Class 1, Division 2 hazardous location by CSA.
(5) Fast turn-off modules (1746-OB6EI, 1746-OBP8 Series B and later, 1746-OB16E Series B and later, 1746-OBP16, and 1746-OVP16) provide fast OFF delay for inductive loads.
Comparative OFF delay times for 1746-OB8/1746-OV8 and fast turn-off modules; when switching Bulletin 100-B110 (24W sealed) contractor, are: 1746-OB8/1746-OV8 OFF delay = 152 ms;
fast turn-off modules OFF delay = 47 ms.
(6) To limit the effects of leakage current through solid state outputs, a loading resistor can be connected in parallel with your load. For transistor outputs, 24V DC operation,
use a 5.6 K , 1/2 W resistor.
(7) Recommended surge suppression: For transistor outputs when switching 24V dc inductive loads, use a 1N4004 diode reverse-wired across the load. Refer to the SLC 500 Modular Hardware
Style User Manual, publication 1747-UM011, for more information on surge suppression.
(8) Fast off delay for inductive loads is accomplished with surge suppressors on the 1746-OB6EI, 1746-OBP8 series B and later, 1746-OB16E series B and later, 1746-OBP16, and 1746-OVP16
modules. A suppressor at the load is not needed unless another contact is connected in series. If this is the case, a 1N4004 diode should be reverse wired across the load. This defeats the fast
(9) Repeatability is once every 1 s at 30 °C (86 °F). Repeatability is once every 2 s at 60 °C (140 °F).
- Estimated Lead Time : 6 - 8 Weeks
- Shipping Weight : 2 Kg